Such a dreamlike.

21.36

It's just the tweet that gives me feels.
Oh hey, everyone. March already, eh?

So basically, the registration for the selection of AFS/YES YP 2015-2016 is opened today.

"It has been a year.", said the repeating voice inside my head today.

Well, time flies.

It feels surreal to think that I have made it this far and (Insya Allah), still keeping up.

I still remember the memories I've had on the selection.

My first insight of this program was on 2012. I was at my friend's house, Wina, when she showed me and my friends her cousin's room. We went inside and noticed a huge USA flag on the wall, with many signatures on it. I was so amazed by this that I decided to ask her what that flag had to do with her cousin. She then told me that her cousin, let's just call him Mas Budi (sorry I forgot his name, Wina!), was an exchange student to USA for a year. She also showed us Mas Budi's yearbook he got from the high school there; it was sick!

I then got curious about the program and later, at the end of 2012, my other friend, Adi, informed me about what the AFS/YES program is and that I can apply for it the next year. He gave me some videos/blogs/anything related to the program. At that time, I wasn't so sure about applying, tbh. But then I wiped out my concerns and when the registration was opened, we hurriedly went to Limau to buy the pin.

Next was the online registration, verification, so on, so on. In every steps, I encountered many problems; even once I wanted to give up but soon I remembered my purpose of applying.

Well, the first selection was held on FISIP UI. About a month before the selection day, me, Adi, Manda, and Amel studied together for the test in Dunkin' Donuts Gramedia Matraman. Such memories, eh? :')

At the test, I wasn't even sure I was answering the questions right; it was a mess! But then alhamdulillah, I got through. :')

Oh and btw, the students enrolled for the selection was about 960 applicants. Well, it was totally not a small number of people...

Then the second selection was on SMP Al-Ikhlas. It was the interviews. I had to wait for hours to be interviewed but alhamdulillah, it was worth the wait. I got through again!

And so the 3rd (which is also the last selection) was held on Universitas Paramadina.We got divided into groups of 5 people, and I was with Yongki, Ivana, Refi, and Stella. But then, it was me and Ivana got through. :(

After I received the letter regarding that I am the national candidate for the YP 2014-2015, I had a parents meeting in Padepokan Rajawali, and it was also the first time all the national candidates get to know each other! It also turned out that there were 26 national candidates from Chapter Jakarta. Whoah.

26 out of 960. You do the math.

After that, out of the blue, in the early November, I received an e-mail that I got a chance to participate in the YES National Selection from 14-16th of November. I WAS SHOCKED! I have been dreaming of getting in the YES program and alhamdulillah, I got the chance to attempt! :')

The selection was MEMORABLE. You can read my blog post about it here. :)

Well, weks passed. At the end of 2013, I was in a call with Dewang and Bagas when suddenly Bagas insisted to call Kak Kuka (one of the Chapter Jakarta's volunteers) to know the selection's result. Well, he called and seconds later, all I heard was Dewang and Bagas screaming on the telephone. I didn't realized what happened and later I was informed that OHMYGOD ALL THE YES CANDIDATES FROM CHAPTER JAKARTA GOT THROUGH! I couldn't believe it for a second but it was real! Thanks God!

And now... it's already March. Insya Allah, if everything goes as well as planned, I will be leaving for USA in about 4-5 months.

Dang. I'm still in such disbelief.

Even yesterday, when me and Nurul went to Limau to help on the registration for this year's selection, I still forgot that I am no longer the student trying out for the selection; I am the candidate already.

So this is what actually happened.

*me and Nurul walked inside the office*
The returnees : 
"Halo! Mau daftar ya?"

Me (nervously confused) : 
"Err bukan, aku Naya kak, mau bantu pendaftaran diminta Kak Gladhys hehe."

They were confused for a second. Then Kak Gladhys finally recognized and shouted, 

"KANDIDAT WOY KANDIDAT!"

............

WHO?! ME?!

I was astonished. I AM?!

But btw, I don't mean to be such a big head. In fact, I am grateful for everything and everyone that made me here I am today and I also would like to say thank you. I know there are still a lot of things and problems waiting for me; and I will have to prepare myself for those.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Wish me luck, everyone.

...and good luck for you too.

xo,

14-1-25-1

You Might Also Like

0 komentar